Last name origins & meanings:
- Spanish (Mexico): unexplained.
- Variant of French
Baland, Balland, possibly a nickname from balland
- Czech (Balán): from a reduced and
altered form of the personal name Baltazar.
- Romanian: descriptive nickname from Romanian bǎlan ‘blond’.
- Indian (Kerala, Tamil Nadu): Indian (Kerala, Tamil Nadu): Hindu
name from Sanskrit bāla ‘child’ + the Tamil-Malayalam
third-person masculine singular suffix -n. This is only a given
name in India, but has come to be used as a family name in the
- A Balan with the secondary surname Lacombe is documented in
Beaumont, Quebec, in 1699.
Comments for Balan