Last name origins & meanings:
- Polish (Bień): from a short form of the personal
names Benedykt (see Benedict) or Beniamin (see
- Jewish (eastern Ashkenazic): from a pet
form of the personal name Beniamin (see Benjamin).
- Jewish (Ashkenazic): ornamental name from Yiddish bin
‘bee’, German Bien(e), or a metonymic occupational name for a
- German: from the dialect word Bien ‘bee’, hence
a metonymic occupational name for a beekeeper or nickname for an
- Vietnamese (Biên): unexplained.
Comments for Fabienna