Last name origins & meanings:
- Irish: Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Coileáin
‘descendant of Coileán’, a byname meaning ‘puppy’ or ‘young
- Irish: Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Cuilinn
‘descendant of Cuileann’, a byname meaning ‘holly’.
- Scottish: habitational name from Cullen in Banff, so named from
Gaelic cùilen, a diminutive of còil,
cùil ‘nook’, ‘recess’.
- English: habitational name from
the Rhineland city of Cologne (Old French form of Middle High German
Köln, named with Latin colonia
- English: variant of Cooling.
Comments for Cullen