Last name origins & meanings:
- English: topographic name for a man who lived by an enclosure,
from Middle English hay (see Hay 1) + man. The
term was in many cases effectively a synonym for Hayward.
- English: nickname for a tall man (see Hay
- English: occupational name for the servant of someone called
Hai (see Hay 3), with man in the sense
- English: occupational name for someone who sold hay.
- Jewish: variant of Heiman.
- Possibly an
Americanized spelling of German Hamann or Heumann.
Comments for Hayman