Last name origins & meanings:
- North German: from a short form of the personal name
Jesper, a Low German form of Kaspar.
- South German: from a reduced form of the personal name Johannes (see
- Eastern German (of Slavic origin): topographic name
from Czech jes(en) ‘ash tree’.
- English: from a short form
- French: from Old French jaisse
‘chick pea’; probably a metonymic occupational name for a grower of
chick peas or a topographic name.
This name appears in the following lists:
Black History/Civil Rights Leaders,
Cowboys and Cowgirls,
Pop Princes and Princesses,
Comments for Jesse