Last name origins & meanings:
- Swedish: probably an ornamental name composed of the place name
element mel from Old Norse meðal ‘mid(dle)’ + the
common surname suffix -(l)in, from Latin -(l)inius.
- French: from a short form of the personal name
- French: habitational name from places in
Haute-Saône and Côte d’Or, all named with the dialect word
melin ‘mill’, from Latin molinum.
- Breton: topographic name for someone who lived at a mill or an occupational
nickname for a miller, from milin, melin ‘mill’.
- Czech (Melín): derivative of the personal
name Melichar (see Melchior).
(eastern Slovenia): unexplained.
Comments for Amelina