Last name origins & meanings:
- Welsh: Anglicized form of Welsh ap Rhiddid ‘son of
Rhiddid’, a personal name of unexplained etymology.
- Welsh: Anglicized form of ap Redith ‘son of Redith’,
a short form of Meredith; the short form occurs only in this
- Welsh: from the personal name Predyr,
Peredur (perhaps from Old Welsh peri ‘spears’ +
dur ‘hard’, ‘steel’), which was borne, in Arthurian legend, by
one of the knights of the Round Table.
- Welsh: occupational name,
from Welsh prydydd ‘bard’.
- English: habitational name
from Priddy in Somerset, named probably with Celtic words meaning
Comments for Priddy