Last name origins & meanings:
- German: of uncertain origin; possibly from the Latin personal name Primus (‘the first’), borne by several saints; or one composed with a Germanic word meaning ‘to prick or stab’; or from a personal name of Slavic origin Primm, from prēmu ‘right’.
- French: from a personal name (from Latin Primus).
- French: nickname from Old French prim ‘first’, possibly given to the eldest child in a family, or alternatively a nickname from Old French and Occitan prim ‘shrewd’, ‘clever’, ‘artful’, ‘sly’.
- Dutch: variant of Priem.
- English: variant of Prime.
- Some of the Prim families in VT descend from a Simon Laval dit Printemps, who was known in English-speaking areas as Seymour Prim.
Comments for Primalia