Last name origins & meanings:
- English: variant spelling of Reader.
- Dutch: variant of Reeder 2.
- North German and Dutch: from a
Germanic personal name composed of the elements rād
‘counsel’ + heri ‘army’.
- North German and Dutch: occupational name for a ship owner or outfitter, from an agent
derivative of Middle Low German rād ‘counsel’; ‘provisions’,
- North German: habitational name from any of
various places named Rieder (earlier Redere) or Reher (earlier
Rethere) in northern Germany.
- Possibly an altered spelling
of German Röder (see Roeder).
Comments for Fredericka