Last name origins & meanings:
- English: occupational name from Old French telier
- German: variant of Tell 2
- Dutch: occupational name for a teller, a marketplace official.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic): either a metonymic occupational name for a dish maker or a nickname,
from German Teller, Yiddish teler ‘plate’.
- Catalan: from a derivative of Tell 4.
- This name is recorded in Beverwijck in New Netherland (Albany, NY)
in the mid 17th century.
This name appears in the following lists:
Favorite Children's Book/Show Characters
Comments for Teller